I always wanted to do a themed tree but talking the hubby into starting all over with decorations wasn't easy. I used a very convincing argument ....SPORTS!!
"Since we love the Dallas Cowboys so much wouldn't it be nice to have a DALLAS COWBOYS themed tree!??? Honey??"It worked! (Murtle here. GUA-RAN-TEE she's leaving out promises to wear the cheerleader uniform later that night...snort, giggle) Our tree is complete with Dallas Cowboy ornaments, BUT, WHERE are these lovely ornaments located on the tree, you ask? Why they are right in the veeerrrryyyy BACK! :) (bet that wasn't negotiated pre-cheerleader uniform, xoxo Murtle..hee hee)
- foam balls covered with silver material
- a few word ornaments
- large plastic ornaments from the $1 store
- big snowflakes
- (my favorite) a disco ball
Last, I set-up a smaller tree for all of those wonderful school keepsakes!
"You don't want to hunt for those special multicolored ornaments in Mommy's big blue tree? Oh no no, those are too asymmetrical...I mean just too special."To wrap this up:
- big fillers
- large quantity ornaments evenly spaced
- concentrate on the front
- screw the back
- ribbon and floral bling are your best buds
- kids stuff needs a separate tree (sorry to interrupt, again, however, we all love it, but hate to admit....it screws up the whole damn tree. repeat three times and you will be at peace with this merry decision. xoxo Murtle)
My favorite ornament
Keeping with my themed tree I decorate the rest of the house to match.
Coming up in my next post I'll show you how I made these cute (inexpensive) topiary ornament trees.